It seems that everywhere you look, you find a great hairstyle that you want to mimic. Unfortunately, most of these hairstyles need the expertise of a stylist in order to get them to look exactly how you saw it in the first place.
But cute hair doesn’t have to only be found on the Internet or in magazines. There are plenty of cute hairstyles that you can easily accomplish on your own at home, and the following are four great styles to try out.
1. The Fishtail Braid
Braids are very hot right now, and the fishtail braid puts a cute twist on a classic style. Giving yourself a side fishtail braid is easy for you to do at home and can look great for a day at work or at play.
- Pull your hair into a side pony and secure with an elastic band.
- Separate your hair into two equal parts.
- Starting at the outside of one of the strands, pull a small chunk out and across your hair and add it to the other strand.
- Continue to weave your hair in and out, always pulling hair from the outside.
- When you get to the bottom, secure your hair with an elastic band.
- For a classic look, cut the elastic band out from the top of your hair and let the braid fall freely.
2. The Chignon
- The chignon look is a perfect way to get your hair off your neck in a sleek and simple (yet totally cute) way.
- Pull your hair into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic band.
- Make a small hole above the elastic band, and pull your ponytail up, around and through the hole. (Yes, think topsy-tail.)
- Pull your ponytail around again and push it down into your hair and secure it with bobby pins.
3. The Bow Tie
A cute and creative hairstyle is to add a pretty bow into the back of your head. This is great for a half-up/half-down look, and everyone will ooh and aah over this great style.
- Pull your hair into a half pony, but on the last wrap, don’t pull your hair entirely through, leaving it in a loose bulge.
- Separate the bulge into two separate pieces, and use bobby pins to adhere each side down to the rest of your hair.
- Take the small strand of hair that is leftover and pull it up and around the “bow” and secure it with bobby pins.
4. The Waterfall Braid
- Another great braid for your hair that is simple and stylish is the waterfall braid, which works just like a French braid, but with a twist.
- Pick a chunk of hair at the side of your head, and separate it into three sections, just like a French braid.
- Start to braid your hair the same way, only when you drop a piece of hair down to the bottom, let it go, and pick up a new chunk of hair from behind it. This creates the waterfall effect.
- Continue doing this until your braid is complete, and secure with bobby pins or an elastic band.